The Office of Student Services
Ohio University Southern Ambassadors are student leaders. Ambassadors are responsible for welcoming prospective students and guests to OUS as well as providing quality customer service to current students seeking assistance. Ambassadors promote school spirit and a positive image of OUS through campus tours, recruitment events, and through communication with prospective students by phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Work as a student leader in promoting Ohio University Southern and providing accurate information to potential new students and family members.
- Assist in the coordination of various outreach activities including, but not limited to, open houses, workshops, resource fair, campus days, and welcome week.
- Visit local high schools for recruitment events.
- Represent the university at various community outreach functions and events.
- Communicate with prospective students via phone and email.
- Conduct timely and effective follow up with all prospective students.
- Schedule and provide group and individual campus tours to university guests.
- Assist students in admissions process.
- Assist with New Student Orientation.
- Assist with various on-campus events.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of admissions deadlines and requirements.
- Work productively and cooperatively with all members of the university community.
- Attend and participate in all required trainings as assigned.
- Work in the front office/lobby area as needed.
- Assist with general office work as needed.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Office of Student Services Staff.
MUST be a current OUS student
MUST maintain at least a 2.5 GPA to apply and remain part of the Ambassador Program
MUST be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours per quarter (exception summer semester)
MUST have attended OUS for at least one semester
MUST be able to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment
Have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel.
MUST be able to work evenings and weekends
The student must be able to work 20 hours per week, as needed, which may include evening and weekend on-campus and off-campus events.
Additional Skills and Qualifications Needed to Perform Job
Applicants should be prepared to become experts on Ohio University Southern official information packet, programs, and history. Have the ability to ask and answer questions clearly and to make prospective students feel comfortable is essential for the position.
Good communication skills (oral and written)
Basic computer skills
Experience of/or willingness to make presentations
Ability to work without close supervision
Strong organizational skills
Good time management skills
Ability to work with the public
Excellent customer service skills
Good telephone voice, articulate, demonstrating courteous telephone etiquette
Able to follow office procedures and directions
Able to keep all information about students and student issues confidential
Desired Personal Characteristics
Commitment to excellence customer service
Ability to work as an effective and productive team member
Strong work ethic
Ability to multi-task
Ability to be tactful and diplomatic in all situations
Respect for diversity and inclusion
Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
PRIDE in Ohio University Southern
Application packets are available in the Office of Student Services.
PEER MENTOR FOR FIRST YEAR EXPERIENCE
Peer Mentors for First Year Experience. Approximately 10 hours per week. Applicants should have a minimum of 3.3 GPA and have completed a minimum of 45 quarter or 30 semester hours at Ohio University. Interested applicants should e-mail
Kim T. Keffer, email@example.com
Ph.D., Director, First Year Experience
Ohio University Southern
OFF CAMPUS WORK OPPORTUNITIES
There are no off campus listings at this time.