Together We Can: It's Primary!
The six sessions include:
1. Becoming the Best I Can Be
2. A Successful Student Studies at Home
3. Learning to Read and Reading to Learn
4. MATH: Making Active Thinking Happen
5. Communication: The Basis of Home/School Partnership
6. Volunteerism: The Parent Professional*
Each segment can stand alone.
*Chapter 6 is essential if the development of a positive volunteer program is your goal. Confidentiality, parent responsibility, staff concerns, the Federal Privacy Act, and ingredients for success are discussed. Two additional workshops are suggested. One session includes teacher presentations on specific reading, math, and writing programs employed by the school system. In the final session, the principal sets the stage and the building staff participates in the orientation of volunteers to the building, their specific responsibilities, etc.
To requst Information on this and other products go to:
Information Request Form