Ohio University - Home

Place Holder
Ohio University Southern Business Office


Please contact Kim Addis or Noel Mains in the Business Office, located in the Administrative Office on the second floor of the Riffe Center, to complete your paperwork.  Please see the attached list of items required to complete an I9.  This must be completed before you start working or the first day of your class.

Acceptable Forms for I9 (PDF)
Faculty Checklist (PDF)
Other Items for Faculty (PDF)
Once your email address has been created in EMS, you will need to see someone in IT to activate it.  It usually takes a couple of days for payroll to create this in EMS, please give Kim Addis or Noel Mains a call, if you need assistance with this step or have questions.

Information on payroll can be found at http://www.finance.ohiou.edu/payroll & http://www.ohio.edu/finance/payroll/employee.cfm

Pay Checks & Direct Deposit Information

Paychecks are mailed to employees homes.  Employees are encouraged to sign up for direct deposit.

http://www.ohio.edu/ebiz/myhr.html - You will need your user name and password to access your My Personal Information site.  This is where you may find your pay slip and other pay information including W2s.

Other Items to Note:

If you haven’t received notification from payroll telling you that your contract was processed with the amounts, classes and pay dates, please contact someone in the Business Office.

Only the dean has the authority to cancel classes.  For more information, please refer to the weather related cancellations and closings policy on the adjunct faculty website:  http://southern.ohiou.edu/adjunctfaculty/policies/weather_closing.html

Room assignments will be posted on the course offering link as soon as they have been assigned.

Sick Leave Policy:


Blank sick leave forms can be found at http://www.ohio.edu/hr/forms.cfm.

The University Human Resources Office in Athens requires these forms for ALL Faculty members and Administrative staff (presidential contract) and should be given to someone in the Finance Office for processing. Classified staff must report time off on the Workforce system.

If you are off more than seven workdays, you must have a doctor’s release to return to work. 
This also should be given to someone in the Finance Office for processing.