This degree is a self-designed four year Bachelor's program. The students seeking entry into this program are usually those who have accumulated a varied selection of credits at different universities and wish to organize them into a degree program. The program must be different from any program of study offered by Ohio University and must be planned according to the following guidelines:
1. Earn 192 quarter hours of college level credit with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
2. Earn no less than 45 quarter hours after admission to the Specialized Studies program to complete residency requirements.
3. Complete at least 80 of the 192 quarter hours at the 300/400 level.
4. Complete an approved area of concentration (minimum of 45 quarter hours) which may include several subject areas.
5. Complete the university's general education requirements.
A student must have earned no less than 45 quarter hours and have a cumulative 2.0 grade point average. The student must complete an application form and discuss his or her program with a Southern Campus counselor. If the student intends to complete the degree on the Athens campus, he/she must meet with Athens faculty advisors and a counselor in the University College.