You must meet the following requirements to earn an A.A. with arts and humanities emphasis. See the following list for the courses that count under each area.
- Arts and Humanities (must include Tier I English composition)
- Natural Science, Applied Science, and Quantitative Skills
(must include Tier I quantitative skills)
- Social Sciences
A.A. and A.S. Degree Course Options
If you are planning to transfer from Ohio University to another institution, you are advised to complete the Transfer Module as part of your A.A. or A.S. degree.
Each degree requires a minimum of 96 hours. A maximum of 24 credits earned through the Experiential Learning Program may be applied to the A.A. or A.S. degree. At least 30 of the total credits earned toward the A.A. or A.S. must be Ohio University credits. In addition, at least 50 percent of the coursework taken in the area of concentration for the A.A./A.S. degree programs must be completed through Ohio University.
Technical courses count only as electives for both the A.A. and A.S. degrees. You must earn at least a 2.0 GPA in the area of concentration and overall to earn the degree.
If you plan to earn either the A.A. or A.S. degree, contact the associate’s degree coordinator in University College so that the valid major code can be properly recorded.
Arts and Humanities
- Art History
- Classical Archaeology
- Classical Languages (Latin, Greek)
- Classics in English
- English (
- Foreign Languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Indonesian/Malaysian, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Swahili)
- Interdisciplinary Arts
- International Literature: Modern Languages
- Women’s and Gender Studies
- World Religions
Natural Science, Applied Science, and Quantitative Skills
- Biological Sciences
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Computer Science
- Environmental and Plant Biology
- Geological Sciences
- Physical Science
- African American Studies (except those listed in Arts and Humanities)
- History (except those listed in Arts and Humanities)
- Political Science
- Social Work